Peter Capaldi has announced
his leave on the BBC series doctor who at Christmas. He says he’ll be on the
show for season 10 and then leave the show on the 2017 Christmas special.
Capaldi told shocked BBC host Jo Whiley that though he was asked to stay after
his contract ran out, he decided that it was time to move on.
“I love Doctor Who, it is a
fantastic programme to work on,” he said. “I can’t praise the people I work
with more highly, but I have always been someone that did a lot of things.”
He’s currently back at
filming season 10 and will take a break before filming the Christmas special.
Also due to leave at the end
of the year is Steven Moffat, the writer of the scripts and showrunner of
doctor who will be stepping down after running 6 seasons. The actor to take the
leading roll of the doctor has not yet been decided and the new showrunner will
be Chris Chibnall.
No comments:
Post a Comment